University of Warwick
Other - See Job
9am to 4.30pm , Monday to Friday (Tuesdays till 5:30pm)
Teachers will support autistic pupils using behaviourally based instruction and positive reinforcement techniques to accelerate learning. Working within small classes both 1 to 1 and in groups, you will use specialised support plans to help our pupils meet their individual needs and achieve their full potential.
Duties and responsibilities
- Support pupils participation in social, leisure and educational activities.
- Manage pupils’ curriculum targets and delivery of vocational qualifications.
- Plan school-wide curriculum such as topic, PE, Food Technology and organise themed days and events such as history week, cultures and languages week, healthy eating week and safer internet day.
- Encourage and enable learning and development in all aspects of daily life.
- Facilitate and support pupils’ decision making and promote choice.
- Collect, record and analyse data to monitor progress and improve learning programmes.
Skills and experience
- Minimum Grade C or Grade 4 GCSE in English Language & Maths or equivalent.
- Teaching qualifications (QTS/QTLS).
- Mainstream teaching experience within the UK school system and an understanding of the UK National Curriculum.
- Experience of working with children and/or young adults with or without special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).
- Interest/experience in the issue of SEND/autism spectrum disorders and psychology.
- An understanding and personal commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
- Able to perform tasks of a physical nature (often demanding) including twisting and stooping and working at a lower height.
- Ability to work as part of a team and build good working relationships with pupils, carers, parents and staff.
- Emotional resilience and maturity when working with challenging behaviours.
- 44 days holiday + BH
Please send CV and cover letter on why you think you'd be suitable for the role.