University of Warwick
Other - See Job
9:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday
Using your recent skills and expertise, you will be working with autistic learners aged 18 and over, using behaviour driven teaching strategies and interventions to support their development of knowledge and skills that will enhance their well-being, independence and social inclusion, making significant differences to their lives.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide support, care and teaching to autistic adult learner.s
- Mentor and train new staff.
- Deputise for senior staff where needed and take the lead.
- Plan, prepare and deliver lessons and activities supporting the development of knowledge and skills.
- Provide behaviourally based support to reduce behaviours that impact quality of life.
- Provide personal care, encouraging and enabling adult learners to maintain acceptable levels of hygiene, including toileting, dressing and washing.
- Support adult learners’ participation in social, leisure and educational activities within the local community, applying theory-based learning to practice.
- Support adult learners to access work experience and employment opportunities.
- Track adult learners progress, ensuring support, care and teaching is appropriate and effective.
Skills and experience
- Drivers licence or access to a lift (due to remote location).
- Professional experience in adult care.
- Completion of Care Certificate.NVQ Level 3 in Health & Social Care.
- Comfortable working with adults who exhibit challenging behaviour.
- Comfortable supporting others with personal/intimate care where required.
- Ability to keep calm in high pressure situations.
- 23 days holiday + BH
Please send CV and cover letter on why you think you'd be suitable for the role.