University of Warwick
Other - See Job
10:00am to 2:00pm Monday to Friday
Interested in working with individuals with disabilities? Looking for a role where you can help others but offers flexibility to fit around your own commitments? We have a great opportunity for positive individuals to assist with the lunchtime periods in an adult centre for learners with autism.
Duties and responsibilities
- Support learners with the development of life skills such as cooking and cleaning.
- Prepare the adult centres facilities and kitchens for learners use.
- Provide personal care support such as feeding, encouraging and enabling. learners to maintain acceptable levels of personal hygiene, whilst promoting independence.
- Take part in off-site activities with learners such as visiting the café or shopping at the supermarket.
- Contribute to the creation of learning resources for our learners.
Skills and experience
- Positive, enthusiastic attitude.
- Happy to lend a hand wherever needed.
- Caring and nurturing approach.
- Comfortable supporting others with personal care (feeding).
- Resilient when faced with challenging behaviours.
- Able to reach us (a driver’s licence or access to a lift is necessary due to our remote location).
- 23 days holiday + BH
Please send CV and cover letter on why you think you'd be suitable for the role.