University of Warwick
Other - See Job
9:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday
You will be working individually and within small groups with autistic learners aged 18 and over, supporting their development of knowledge and skills that will enhance their wellbeing, independence and social inclusion, making significant differences to their lives.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide support, care and teaching to autistic adult learners’.
- Plan, prepare and deliver lessons and activities supporting the development of knowledge and skills.
- Provide behaviourally based support to reduce behaviours that impact quality of life.
- Provide personal care, encouraging and enabling adult learners to maintain acceptable levels of hygiene, including toileting, dressing and washing.
- Support adult learners’ participation in social, leisure and educational activities. within the local community, applying theory-based learning to practice.
- Support adult learners to access work experience and employment opportunities.
- Track adult learners progress, ensuring support, care and teaching is appropriate and effective.
Skills and experience
- Driving licence or access to a lift (due to remote location).
- Professional, personal or voluntary experience of working with adults or young people with disabilities.
- Comfortable working with adults who exhibit challenging behaviour.
- Comfortable supporting others with personal/intimate care where required.
- Ability to keep calm in high pressure situations.
- 23 days holiday + BH
Please send CV and cover letter on why you think you'd be suitable for the role.