University of Warwick
Normal working hours will be 9am until 5pm Monday to Thursday and 9am until 4pm Friday. This will total 36.5 hours per week. Flexibility will be required to ensure working hours required during events can be accommodated. Advanced notice of events
Unitemps are looking for a friendly, reliable and committed individual to support the Maths Institute at Warwick University, they have an exciting opportunity for a Events and Catering Assistant.
The role is to essentially to provide a hospitable environment for the staff of the Mathematics Institute. This will include providing a daily morning tea and coffee service to the staff within the institute. You will also have the exciting opportunity to provide catering support to events, this will be mainly to the Mathematics Research Centre (MRC) during seminars, workshops and conferences.
As well as providing catering and events support you will be assisting with stock takes and ensuring there is sufficient stock of items for all events being offered.
There will be the occasional administrative support require especially during Events. This will include creating and printing name badges for event delegates, processing expense claims, making posters for the advertisement of events and processing conference registrations.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provision of Tea / Coffee service:
- Prepare tea and coffee for Mathematics staff in the Mathematics Common Room each weekday morning.
- Make and serve tea/coffee for conference, workshop or seminar delegates in the Mathematics Common Room and provide a welcoming atmosphere to visitors.
- Clear the crockery, load and unload the dishwasher, clean down the kitchen and common room at the end of each event.
- Checking stock levels and prepare list of items needed to be procured in a timely manner.
- Receiving catering deliveries.
- Collecting shopping from the grocery store if required.
- Responsibility for keeping an inventory of kitchen items (crockery, cutlery, etc) and ensuring they are kept in locked cupboards.
- Receiving catering deliveries during events.
- Welcoming visitors to the MRC, answering questions and directing them to the locations of the events/ conferences.
- Providing administrative and operational support to the MRC Events Coordinator for Mathematics hosted conferences and events. This will include tasks such as printing and creating name badges, printing itineraries, making posters, gathering and processing expense claims from delegates and processing conference registrations. To note there is a recurring event each Friday afternoon in term time which will; require the setting up of refreshments in the Common Room before the event and to ensure all things are tidied up on a Monday morning.
This post requires interaction with a host of different people from all backgrounds. It would suit someone who is able to be flexible with their working hours to enable them to support events as and when they happen. Advanced notice of events will be provided.
The above duties are not exhaustive and may be subject to change. The post holder may be required to undertake other duties within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills and experience
- General Food Hygiene awareness (training will be provided).
- Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate with staff and visitors of all levels
- Ability to pick up processes and tasks quickly.
- Ability to manage time effectively.
- Ability to work efficiently.
- Ability to use initiative.
- Ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team.
- Ability to thrive in a busy environment.
On Campus Only
Advert ends: 09/02/2023