University of Nottingham
Other - See Job
See Hiring Manager
Unitemps are advertising on behalf of Kano Innovation, an innovation and funding consulting services company.
Kano Innovation helps Europe’s most dynamic and ambitious businesses to grow through innovation. We are seeking a PhD student in their first or second year to support the managing director to assist businesses and researchers to access the grant funding they need to take cutting-edge concepts closer to market.
CLOSING DATE: 31/01/23 Please note that the role may close early to applications – apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Duties and responsibilities
- Innovation and grant bid writing
- Technology assessment techniques
- Desktop research for markets and technology assessment
- Project management strategies for research and development projects
- Report formatting
- Technical writing
- Understanding the relationship between research and economic/social/environmental impact
- Assist to develop a techno-economic assessment case and impact plan
- Patent searching
Skills and experience
We are looking for an enthusiastic, articulate and capable individual, in their first or second year of PhD studies. You should possess strong skills in at least two of the three following areas:
- A passion for innovation. You should be able to quickly understand different technology areas - our current client portfolio covers topics as diverse as advanced braking technology, materials recycling, range extenders for electric vehicles, civil security technology, medical implants and renewable transport fuels, to mention just a few. Experience of different technologies and market sectors would be a distinct advantage.
- An understanding of business and industry. As well as a strong technology focus, the company must also understand, analyse and communicate the client’s business model. Aspects of business such as supply chains, market analysis, business plans, IP management and competitor analysis may also be included.
- Excellent communication and writing skills. You will need to be articulate, concise and compelling; creating content. You should also have excellent Microsoft Word and Excel skills in order to present the information in a clear and professional manner.
Please note you must be either a 1st or 2nd year PhD student to apply
This role will provide ongoing support within the business, and does not currently have an end date set. The start date is flexible for the right candidate.
Location of Work: University of Nottingham Innovation Park, NG7 2TU
Rate of Pay: £9.50
For advice on CVs, covering letters and making applications, please refer to the University’s Careers and Employability Service website.Apply for job