University of Warwick
36.5 hours Monday to Friday. PT hours would be considered.
The Strategic Planning & Analytics (SPA) Group office is seeking a Statistical Returns Coordinator to assist the Planning team in collecting, validating, and preparing student data for external reporting to government agencies, notably the Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA) and the Office for Students (OfS).
The role includes supporting SPA to work with academic and professional service departments to ensure that all required student data is available in line with externally set deadlines to an extremely high level of quality, and to help plan and implement interventions where a risk to these requirements being met is identified.
We welcome people from every walk of life, at every stage of their career, we strive within the team to ensure everyone feels engaged, valued, and respected, and able to fulfil their potential in a supportive team environment where personal and professional development is taken seriously.
We know that diversity fosters innovation and creativity, and therefore we encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, faith, or disability. As women and members of ethnic minority groups are currently under-represented at this level of post, we would encourage applications from members of these groups. Appointment will be based on merit alone.
This role offers hybrid working, however there is a minimum requirement for one day a week in the office and some flexibility required to attend other in-person meetings as required.
Duties and responsibilities
- Helping to collect and/or validate student data, liaising with other academic and professional service departments as appropriate.
- Preparing or reformatting data, as necessary, to meet system requirements and in line with agreed specifications.
- Monitoring data quality, identifying issues and planning solutions.
- Developing, maintaining, and updating systems for administration and record keeping purposes, including creating and maintaining project plans and work schedules.
- Monitoring delivery against agreed project plans and highlighting any risks or issues.
- Recording meeting outcomes and agreed actions and ensuring these are followed-up on in a timely manner.
- Providing any additional support to colleagues in the SP&A Planning team, as agreed with Line Manager, to assist with the achievement of team objectives.
Skills and experience
- Highly developed IT skills with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of programmes, and an ability to learn how to use new software packages quickly.
- Meticulous attention to detail, highly organised and the ability to produce work outcomes of the highest quality.
- Able to work flexibly and creatively, quickly, and accurately when under pressure, working to tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills with the ability to build relationships and work effectively with colleagues at all levels of the organisation.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Highly developed IT skills with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of programmes.
- Experience working with the SITS Student Record System is highly desirable, although not essential.
- Experience using intermediate to advanced Excel and Access, including querying data, is also highly desirable, but not essential.
- Well-developed understanding of information security and data protection laws (e.g., GDPR) and principles.
Combination. This role offers hybrid working, however there is a minimum requirement for one day a week in the office and some flexibility required to attend other in-person meetings as required.
- Advert closing date: 06/12/2022
- Interview date: 12/12/2022