Canterbury Christ Church University
Do you have a passion for data and problem-solving? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you.
We’re looking for a SQL Data Technician at Marque Group Solutions (MGS) to support with data collection & aggregation, data integration maintenance as well as MGS/client support through data analysis. You will be responsible for maintaining a strong and robust platform for existing customers alongside providing a platform for new business growth through continual improvement. You’ll be joining a friendly and supportive team, based in Sandwich, Kent, with the option of hybrid working available.
Duties and responsibilities
The key responsibilities of a SQL Data Technician include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring data platforms are kept robust, stable and on-track with roadmap targets.
- Creation and maintenance of T-SQL (and other SQL) queries, including Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers.
- Implementation of advanced data integration through various methods including Application Interfacing (including data transformation), API, data automation tools.
- Contributing to the development of mechanisms to monitor, manage, and provide progress on all database development activities.
- Working with the Data Manager to identify targets for growth & efficiency. Prioritising & actioning the requirements to deliver on agreed business objectives.
- Ensuring robust and accurate testing practices, working with Quality Assurance to maximise the efficiency of testing implementation.
- Keeping up-to-date and current on data & database trends, innovations & best practices, aligning them to the business needs.
Skills and experience
The key skills and qualities of a SQL Data Technician are:
- Experience in data analysis, data integration, or similar role, with SQL skills.
- Knowledge & familiarity with databases and DBMS’
- Understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Experience in the Automotive industry, including automotive data integrations and dealer management systems (DMS) considered advantageous but not essential.
- Specific MS SQL Server knowledge, to include SSIS & SSRS, MS SQL Server maintenance and Performance would be beneficial but not necessary
- Experience with ETL/Data Warehousing considered an advantage.
- Experience in cloud services (AWS and Azure) considered an advantage.
- Salary range £28,000 - £30,000 dependent upon experience and qualifications
- 25 days paid holiday per year in addition to public holidays in England & Wales
- Office + Remote working available (hybrid approach)
- Employer pension contributions
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward-thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.Apply for job