Given the need for flexibility, the duties/location of this post and the role of the post-holder may alter, however the Course Ambassador will work at least two hours per week.
The bellow role is only to current PG students, enrolled at the Middlesex University for the duration of the contract.
Promoting Middlesex University to prospective PG students throughout their journey to PG study, providing in-depth insight into the students’ programme/subject of interest and what it’s like to be a PG student at Middlesex.
Raising awareness of PG study, driving PG applications, encouraging and inspiring prospective PG students to choose Middlesex and to enroll with us.
Duties and responsibilities
All Course Ambassadors will undertake the following duties:
- Participate in PG Open Evening, talk to prospective students, answer questions regarding course, subject area, timetabling and act as their point of contact for student life questions at the event
- Take part in additional PG student recruitment, conversion and student engagement events, acting as students’ point of contact throughout the event
- Personally conduct all areas of a PG telephone campaign relating to a course or cluster area, whether this be for event bookings, accepting an offer to study with us or just to keep warm
- Attend subject specific PG fairs to give a student voice, where applicable
- Write regular blog posts, talking about what has happened to you each week as a PG student at Middlesex, offering deep insight into the course content and your student experience.
- Post on social media, as required, encouraging prospects to engage and ask questions and find out about upcoming events and other activities or key points of the student journey.
- Be involved in the production of CRM emails which will sit within the PG Enquirer and Applicant CRM streams. This may include videos, photos, quotes and written copy and will be produced throughout the scheme.
- Contribution to web pages in a similar manner to CRM.
- Contribute to online chats and answer questions on PG specific forums, where applicable.
- Attend compulsory training sessions for specialised events.
- Any such other duties required by Middlesex University which are consistent with the role.
Skills and experience
- Current PG students, enrolled at the university for the duration of the contract.
- Ability to confidently and positively promote your course/subject area and your PG student experience at Middlesex University
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Evidence of strong self-motivation and ability to meet agreed objectives on own initiative
- Evidence of effective time-management skills and the ability to prioritise workload.
- Good knowledge of the UK Further / Higher Education environment
- Involvement in Middlesex University Students’ Union, Societies or Sports
- Good relationships with Academic Staff from your subject area
- Knowledge of student services and facilities available at Middlesex University
- Experience in giving advice/guidance about Higher Education
- Experience of working as a student/course ambassador previously
Hendon Middlesex University/Online
- December 2022 to January 2023
- Training to take place during December 2022 to January 2023
- Start of normal duties in December 2022 or January 2023
- There are a range of crucial dates throughout the student journey for which you will be required. Please ensure you include any planned leave in your application.
How to apply
If you are currently studying any of the Postgraduate courses listed, we are looking for a Course Ambassador for your subject area. Please do not apply if your course is not on this list.
LIST OF COURSES
- Art and Design
- Biomedical and Biological Sciences
- Design Engineering and Mathematics
- Illustration and Graphic Design
- Performing Arts
Please complete the Application Form which can be found at: Apply Here
Deadline: Sunday 4th of December, 23:59.
Pay rate: £15 an hour + £1.81 of Holiday Pay