Given the need for flexibility, the duties/location of this post and the role of the post-holder may alter, however the Course Ambassador will work at least three hours per week
This role is only to current UG students at Middlesex in 2nd, 3rd or final year of Undergraduate study
Promoting Middlesex University to prospective UG students throughout their journey to university, providing in-depth insight into the students’ course of interest and what it’s like to be a student at Middlesex. Raising awareness, driving UG applications and encouraging and inspiring prospects to choose Middlesex as their firm university and to enroll with us.
Duties and responsibilities
All Course Ambassadors will undertake the following duties:
- Participate in UG Open Day (on campus and virtual) subject talks and answer questions from parents and students regarding course and subject area and act as their point of contact throughout the event
- Participate in UG Applicant Day taster sessions giving insight into real seminars and sit on the panel of the student and parent Q&A, knowledgeably and positively answering their questions and acting as their point of contact throughout the event
- Take part in additional UG student recruitment, conversion and student engagement events, acting as students’ point of contact throughout the event
- Personally conduct all areas of a UG telephone campaign relating to a course or cluster area, whether this be for event bookings and / or confirmation of those bookings, accepting an offer to study with us or just to keep warm
- Attend subject specific fairs such to initiate personal contact where applicable
- Write regular blog posts, talking about what has happened to you each week as a UG student at Middlesex, offering deep insight into the course content and your student experience.
- Post on social media, as required, encouraging prospects to engage and ask questions and find out about upcoming events and other activities or key points of the student journey.
- Be involved in the production of CRM emails which will sit within the UG Enquirer and Applicant CRM streams. This may include videos, photos, quotes and written copy and will be produced throughout the scheme.
- Contribution to web pages in a similar manner to CRM
- Contribute to online chats
- Attend compulsory training sessions for specialised events.
- Any such other duties required by Middlesex University which are consistent with the role.
Social media Q&as
Skills and experience
- Current UG students in 2nd, 3rd or final year of Undergraduate study
- Ability to confidently and positively promote your course and your UG student experience at Middlesex University
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Evidence of strong self-motivation and ability to meet agreed objectives on own initiative • Evidence of effective time-management skills and the ability to prioritise workload.
- Involvement in Middlesex University Students’ Union, Societies or Sports
- Good relationships with Academic Staff from your subject area
- Knowledge of student services and facilities available at Middlesex University
- Experience in giving advice/guidance about Higher Education to young people
- An enthusiasm for working with young people, including those from vulnerable or disadvantaged groups
Hendon Middlesex University/Online
- End December 2022 or January 2023
- Training to take place during December 2022 or January 2023
- Start of normal duties December 2022 or January 2023
- There are a range of crucial dates throughout the student journey for which you will be required. Please ensure you include any planned leave in your application.
How to apply
If you are in your 2nd or 3rd / final year of any of the courses listed, we are looking for a Course Ambassador for your subject area. Please do not apply if your course is not on this list as we have already recruited to all other areas. If you believe your course of study is missing from one of the sections that are on this list, please contact CAScheme@mdx.ac.uk to check before applying.
List of Courses
- Banking Economics and Finance
- Design Engineering and Maths
- Interior Design
- Law and Politics
- Moving Image
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Public Health Risk and Safety
- Sport Exercise
- Social Work
- Theatre Arts
- Teacher Training
Please complete the Application Form which can be found at: Apply Here
Deadline: Sunday 4th December, 23:59.
Pay rate: £15 an hour + £1.81 of Holiday Pay