Other - See Job
Various Hours Mon - Fri
We are currently recruiting for Note-Takers/ Practical Support Assistants to work with students at Birmingham City University. The successful Note-Taker/ Practical Support Assistant will take notes in lectures and provide practical support outside of sessions for the student.
The role will generally be term-time only and you can choose your hours to suit your own schedule. Support will mainly take place on campus at the relevant university but there is also opportunity for some remote work. The successful Note-Taker/Practical support Assistant will provide invaluable support to students with a range of disabilities/mental health needs across various faculties.
Duties and responsibilities
- To take comprehensive and legible notes during each lecture tailored to the student’s requests
- Provide additional support, i.e. carrying bags, orientation around campus, library support etc. which will vary from student to student
- Maintaining professional relationships with students and lecturers alike
- Liaise with module leaders and the support/well-being team where necessary
Skills and experience
- Clear, legible handwriting
- To have a thorough understanding of the importance of confidentiality and discretion
- To be patient and understanding to the student’s needs
- To be committed, reliable and punctual
- To have excellent communication and organisational skills and be able to assist the student with this
- Must have either personal or professional awareness of disability