City University of London
See job details
The School of Health & Psychological Science's are currently looking to hire Simulation Technician's on a temporary basis for three months.
Duties and responsibilities
• Ability to carry out moving and handling of heavy equipment on a regular basis
• Communicate (both orally and in writing) complex information in a clear and precise fashion - liaise and communicate with centre users and effectively set up and take down teaching spaces with specialist training models, accessories and sundries used in medical education, following their requests
• Work within a team or independently (following guidance from your line manager) to set up teaching sessions to a high standard with required teaching equipment, training models, accessories, and consumables, as specified by clinical teachers
• Following training, apply knowledge and experience to maintain and carry out basic troubleshooting of training models, patient simulators and our audio-visual system
• Maintain stock levels in stores and classrooms, advising when consumables & small value equipment need ordering
• Support the annual stock take; input and organise data to maintain the inventory/asset register system
• Engage in appropriate professional activities or attend training to keep knowledge-base and skills up-to-date and to develop them further
• Resolve problems that are predictable but do not occur very frequently – applying knowledge and skills to find solutions to problems and occasionally apply expertise to resolve longer term, complex problems and to generate innovative ideas
• Support the welfare of staff and students, and be committed to the student experience
• Liaise with colleagues to ensure adequate technical cover of classes
• Routinely send/respond to emails, phone calls & face to face enquiries and make room bookings
• Identify & report building problems to estates & facilities
• Following training, prepare and operate human patient simulators for healthcare simulations and teaching, as specified by clinical teachers. This includes (but is not limited to) medium and High Fidelity simulations
• Provide training and advice on use of training models & patient simulators to staff and students as appropriate, ensuring the content is understandable to a non-expert audience
• Manage own workload, pattern of work, resources, working independently and without supervision to achieve objectives within your area
Skills and experience
• Ideally, someone with a technician background
• Attention to detail
• Hard working
• Full training provided
Tait Building [C]
End: 1 - 2 months (TBC)
Working pattern: Monday to Friday on site
8:00-4:00 or 10:00-6:00
Due to the nature of this role it is not suitable for a student however we do encourage recent graduates to apply.
This Advert will expire at 23:59 on Sunday 13th April 2023.
Disclaimer: this advert may end earlier if we receive sufficient applications before the deadline. If you wish to apply for this role, please apply sooner rather than later.
Please note payroll at City University Unitemps, runs monthly with mid-month timesheet cut off dates. Before applying to this role please ensure you view the payroll deadline dates here
CITY STUDENTS AND CITY GRADUATES: If you need CV and Cover letter advice, please click here to book an appointment with a Careers Consultant based within the City Careers service.
You can join City Careers LinkedIn Page by clicking here
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Pages