University of Warwick
Monday to Friday 08:00 to 17:00
The Cleaning and Facilities Assistant is responsible for maintaining high standards of cleanliness across our school for autistic children, by carrying out routine and emergency cleaning. You will also be responsible for the organisation of resources ensuring stocks are sufficient. In addition, this role will support the vehicle coordination of pupil arrivals & departures.
Duties and responsibilities
- Complete regular and one-off cleaning tasks to a high standard across the school buildings
- Ensure toilet and bathroom areas across the school remain clean, assisting with cleaning up after toileting accidents and other incidents involving bodily fluids
- Tidy and clean communal areas and specialist classrooms ensuring they are fit for purpose
- Assist with keeping outdoor areas including playgrounds tidy and clean
- Carry out specified health & safety checks and maintain accurate records
- Support with pupil arrival and departures, ensuring vehicles are managed safely and effectively, so pupil can easily transition into the school buildings.
Skills and experience
- Experienced in undertaking a range of general cleaning duties, completing tasks to a high standard
- Able to work flexibly, using initiative with minimal supervision
- Able to perform tasks of a physical nature (often demanding) including twisting and stooping
- Able to work effectively as part of a team
- Able to keep accurate records and reports
- Able to work in a pressured environment and prioritise tasks effectively
- Knowledgeable in manual handling and health & safety regulations
- Computer literate including Outlook, Word and Excel
What can we offer you?
- 40 hours per week
- 25 days annual leave - to be taken during non term time