University of Leicester
35 hours per week
The post holder will provide effective administrative support to the PA for the Head of Department (Professor Kamlesh Khunti) and to the central office of ARC (Applied Research Collaboration) East
Midlands. To provide general administrative support as required within the Diabetes Research Centre, liaising with University of Leicester as required.
The role will be varied, as in addition to its funded grant activity it hosts and leads on a number of research infrastructure programmes such as the ARC (Applied Research Collaboration) East Midlands, the NIHR funded Global Health Research Centre for Multiple Long-Term Conditions (MLTCs), the Lifestyle theme of the Leicester Biomedical Research Centre and the Centre for Ethnic Health
Research. For example you will be arranging and managing travel arrangements, collating
information, obtaining and managing purchase orders and invoices, administration related to grant
income, ordering supplies, liaising with suppliers, filing, photocopying, data entry and dealing withprint room queries and preparing materials for conferences and seminars etc.
Duties and responsibilities
• To assist and support the PA of the Professor of Primary Care Diabetes and Vascular Medicine
• Help maintain an effective filing system and maintenance of records.
• Provide administrative support for ordering and procurement of services and goods via Smarter Purchasing, including raising purchase orders and chasing invoice payments.
• Deal with queries from University offices and UHL such as Accounts Payable, Cashiers, RED etc., from initial query through to completion in an accurate and timely manner
• To assist and support the Administrative Team with general office duties including printing of documents, photocopying, collation of documentation, and data entry.
• To maintain up to date electronic and paper filling systems ensuring documents are accurately filed and accessible.
• Ensure records of all purchasing activity are maintained as per the requirements of the University’s financial regulations and auditing purposes. Update asset inventory and insurance schedules using meticulous attention to detail.
Skills and experience
• Working knowledge and experience of standard Microsoft Office software packages
• Good IT skills
• Five GCSE passes at Grade C or above
• Working knowledge of SAP finance system
• Related previous experience providing administrative support in a similar healthcare or higher education setting
• Knowledge of Data Protection and an ability to deal with confidential issues in a sensitive manner.
• Ability to understand regulations and policies and interpret this into appropriate advice and guidance.
• Ability to communicate clearly orally and in writing to ensure effective reporting and customer/contact handling
• Ability to undertake basic finance transactions
• Ability to prioritise workload, work accurately and negotiate in order to meet deadlines
• Previous experience of working within a large team with regular supervision.
• Related previous experience in a healthcare or higher education setting.
University of Leicester
How to apply:
Please apply online with your CV and cover letter
Closing date for applications is Thursday 30th March 2023
Unitemps is acting as an Employment Business, supplying temporary workers, in relation to this vacancy.