PA/Personal Care Assistant
Unitemps are acting as an Employment Business, supplying temporary workers, in relation to this vacancy.
We are a disabled couple in our late 30s/early 40s, living near Nottingham City Centre. We directly employ a team of PAs to assist us as required to live as independently as possible.
CLOSING DATE: 11/09/22 Please note that the role may close early to applications – apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
- Assistance getting in and out of bed.
- Assistance getting dressed and undressed.
- Providing assistance with toileting, dealing with bladder and bowel needs (including caring for a suprapubic catheter, and caring for a stoma), pad changes etc.
- Assistance with PEG feeding.
- Assistance with non-invasive ventilators.
- Assistance with washing and showering.
- Checking skin condition and applying or changing dressings (to e.g. care for pressure sores and a suprapubic catheter).
- Cutting and filing toe and finger nails.
- Performing passive exercises to limbs.
- General grooming, make-up and personal appearance.
- Preparing and assisting with administering medicines.
- Preparing/cooking food and drinks for us and guests.
- House cleaning and helping to keep house hazard-free, washing up, laundry, cleaning and tidying work surfaces, appliances, shelves, etc.
- Keeping medicines, incontinence products, creams, ointments, etc. in an orderly, hygienic and secure manner and preparing these for use.
- Cleaning and simple maintenance work on technical aids such as our wheelchairs (e.g. pumping up tyres).
- Collecting prescriptions etc.
- Helping to care for house plants.
- Assistance with gardening tasks.
- Assistance with getting to and from, and in and out of transportation.
- Driving the van and performing basic maintenance (refuelling, checking tyre pressure etc.)
- Providing support outside the home e.g. with pushing a wheelchair, going to the toilet, etc.
- Accompanying to social events, meetings, appointments, gigs, the cinema, shopping trips, visits to libraries, etc.
- Putting rubbish out for collection, ensuring all waste is disposed of hygienically.
- Clearing snow or leaves from pathways, drives, etc. if necessary.
- Enabling us to carry out our chosen activity whether inside or outside the home by carrying out any other request that we may reasonably make.
- Full driving licence preferred.
- DBS check (formerly known as CRB check): Enhanced Disclosure required (cost met by employers).
The position would suit a punctual, reliable and friendly person who understands the importance of independence.
We are looking for someone proactive with a good memory who can enable us to get the most out of life, despite our very severe disabilities and complex assistance needs.
General good health is important.
Applicants who hold a valid driving licence and are willing to drive a van will be preferred. Experience in this field of work is preferred but not essential, but you need to be willing to be trained to perform invasive procedures, dressing changes, etc. Full training provided.
- No experience required, plenty of opportunities to learn new skills, expand and improve your CV and references.
- Ideal for undergrad/postgrad students or anyone else looking to top up their income and learn new skills.
- No agency, PAs are directly employed by the couple.
- Join a small, friendly and supportive team and work with reliable employers who have many years’ experience working with and training PAs.
- Accrue annual leave on every hour worked & opportunity to join our TPR compliant pension scheme.
- Location near the City Centre with free on-site parking and excellent public transport links.
- Casual dress, no uniforms, PPE provided.
Start Date: Start date can be negotiated
Days and Hours: Bank/cover hours on mutual agreement. A full shift is 10 hours (9am-7pm), shorter shifts possible. Shifts will always be offered with as much notice as possible. This may be weeks in advance when providing holiday cover, but we will also offer hours at shorter notice to provide sickness cover etc.
Rate of Pay: £11.55 per hour
Length of Assignment: Permanent
For advice on CVs, covering letters and making applications, please refer to the University’s Careers and Employability Service website.
If you are interested in this job, please email your covering letter and CV along with the job reference to firstname.lastname@example.org