HR Officer - Institute of Clinical Trials & Methodology
- Supporting the recruitment process by assisting and advising managers in the preparation of job descriptions and adverts and ensuring relevant approvals have been sought throughout the process
- Working with the Institute’s Finance Team to ensure that the correct funding is place for current and future posts
- Provide advice and guidance to managers and applicants on recruitment administration and salary queries
- Liaise with internal and external partners, for example NHS Trusts and UCL Human Resources Division
- Administering recruitment processes using UCL’s on-line recruitment tool
- Completion of pre-employment administration, (verifying right to work documents, taking up references, assisting with Certificate of Sponsorship applications, etc.)
- Use institutional HR systems to ensure new starters receive their offers of employment and that inductions are carried out
- Probation and appraisal monitoring
- Advise staff on their maternity, paternity and adoption rights – as well as rights under other HR policies including flexible working
- Educated to a minimum of A-level or equivalent experience
- Hold a CIPD qualification or have equivalent professional experience
- Experience of providing general HR advice
- Excellent knowledge of employment legislation
- Experience of project management and contributing to team initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to operate online administration systems
- Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information
- Experience of working with competing priorities and working to tight deadlines
- Ability to maintain excellent communication between working days with job share partner
- Customer-centric in approach
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with a wide range of Academic and Professional Services colleagues
- Willingness and ability to work collaboratively within and across teams.
- Ability to take initiative and be proactive in seeking a resolution to problems
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to take responsibility for own continuous professional development
This job will close for applications at 11.59pm on Monday July 4th. Interviews will be held in the afternoons of Tues July 12th, Thurs July 14th and Fri July 15th.
Unitemps reserves the right to close this advert for applications prior to the date specified above, if a high volume of suitable applications are received.
Unitemps payroll is monthly, one month in arrears, please see the payroll dates here.
A full JD can be seen here.