Optometrist - UK Wide
I am recruiting for experienced Optometrists to provide outstanding service to a leading Optical and Hearing Care across the UK. These are an exciting opportunities to join a well-known Optical and Hearing Company, who currently have over 180 stores nationwide and are rapidly growing.
The ideal candidate will have a ‘can do’ attitude, offering expert advice on visual problems, recognise eye diseases such as cataract, glaucoma and any other related conditions like diabetes. You will examine patient’s eyes, prescribe medication, contact lenses and spectacles to new and existing patients. You’ll be required to be fast paced, have good attention to detail and provide expert efficient optometry service.
Please note we have various locations across the UK and part time positions as well.
- Examine and test patient eyes and eyesight – whilst providing expert advice on spectacles/ lens care (if required)
- Diagnose, manage and advise on any vision defects, diseases or abnormalities
- Communicate effectively - provide positive recommendations and information to each patient
- Identify sales opportunities and manage your own diary
- Offer tailor made advice to patients and forward details to a medical practitioner (if required)
- Ensure patient records are updated and confidentially handled
- Maintain company high standards – provide high class service to patients and colleagues
- Have a flexible approach – help colleagues / patients
- This is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities for an Optometrist. The Optometrist may be required to carry out other duties as directed by the Regional Manager.
The Optometrist will have:
- To have obtained the relevant qualifications in order to practise as an Optometrist and maintain registration with the GOC and National Performers ListEnsuring compliance with the GOC Standards of Practice for Optometrists and Dispensing Opticians and any other professional requirements needed including CET accreditation
- Great attention to detail
- Eager to learn and develop
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in formal and informal settings with the ability to adapt style to suit circumstances
- Ability to adapt to growth and change and to continuously seek improved ways of working
- Trustworthy, honest, committed and works with integrity
- Excellent clinical decision making skills with the ability to use professional judgement
- This role will be suitable for someone with industry at least 2 years’ worth of related experience.
- Benefits are negotiable