Data Virtualisation Engineer
The role of a Data Virtualisation Engineer is now available within our team. This role has a high degree of autonomy, variety and creativity.
You will be responsible for the creation of virtual representations of our real-world products, both as demonstrators and as controllable game objects, and for creating the internal software for collecting and handling sensor data.
CLOSING DATE: 15/08/22 Please note that the role may close early to applications – apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
- Creating 2D and 3D representations and game objects of selected FHL products.
- Creation of software to allow the control of 3D game objects using FHL sensors/ technology.
- Plan, design, and develop both real-time and post-processed graphical demonstrators for both potential and current clients.
- Test and document all designs and code.
- Participate in regular code reviews.
- Perform other software engineering tasks as required by the Footfalls’ leadership team.
- Identify and log all trade secrets. Complete all required documentation, ensure the accuracy and confidentiality of that information.
- Provide regular communications during regular meetings so all parts of the multidisciplinary team are informed and can contribute to progress.
- Keep abreast of current and future activities of the business.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Footfalls’ leadership team.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent.
- Programming in C/C#/C++.
- Programming in Python preferred.
- Proficient in multiple 3D modelling techniques.
- Experience in 3D animation and/or virtual-reality preferred.
- Positive attitude to problem solving and a technical mindset.
- Excellent communication skills.
Reporting to: Director of Innovation
Location: Footfalls & Heartbeats (UK) Limited, 10 Castle Quay, Nottingham, NG7 1FW
Pay Rate: £30,000 - £35,000
For advice on CVs, covering letters and making applications, please refer to the University’s Careers and Employability Service website.
If you are interested in this position, please click here to apply.