De Montfort University
Other - See Job
The purpose of this role is to provide individual study skills support for disabled students, particularly those with Autism; the level and type of support will vary according to the individual student. The support will be provided via funding from the Disabled Students Allowances, ESFA or other funding streams. Tutors provide support that will assist students to develop organisational skills and manage their time and workload effectively as well as other study skills. Support provided will help students to develop as independent learners and maintain the necessary focus on academic progress despite the challenges faced because of their disability.
It is essential that the successful candidate has completed the 6 NAS modules:
The role will start ASAP until 31/07/23 with available hours of up to 20 hours.
Duties and responsibilities
• To support the student on a one-to-one basis, identifying their individual needs and strengths in order to support them in developing Study Skills and Independent Learning.
• To deliver 1:1 support to DSA funded students. This would be delivered remotely via Microsoft Teams.
• To deliver personalised sessions in line with the students’ Needs Assessment Report (NAR).
• To support the student in individual learning styles using Study Skills that enhance their ability to achieve academic goals.
• To support the student in the following but not exclusively:
Organisation and time management
Reading, writing and spelling
Planning, structuring and composition
Note-taking, presentation and proof-reading skills
• To support the student in becoming familiar with additional support and advice available through the University. This will include resources such as the Healthy DMU Hub
Skills and experience
You need to hold a relevant degree or equivalent experience
You will need the 6 National Autistic Society Modules
You will need to hold a relevant Teaching Qualification
De Montfort University - remote working
This role is not suitable for current students
Unitemps is acting as an Employment Business, supplying temporary workers, in relation to this vacancy.