Unitemps are acting as an Employment Business, supplying temporary workers, in relation to this vacancy.
Skills Gap is a careers accelerator that arranges short online workshops & courses for young people 15-19 years old – www.skillsgap.tech.
We run regular workshops in areas such as AI in Engineering, Nanotechnology, Careers in Hacking etc to inspire young people about tech and the benefits of acquiring tech skills to pursue different careers. The workshops are delivered online by industry experts and we have professionals from leading firms take part in a panel discussion and Q&A during the final hour of each event.
We require enthusiastic and energetic hosts for these events to engage students, liaise with instructors and chair the panel discussion and Q&A
CLOSING DATE: 06/01/2022. Please note that the role may close early to applications – apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment
- Develop great relationships with students, instructors and Skills Gap staff
- Participate in rehearsals and provide feedback
- Host our workshops and ensure we organise inspiring events for young people
- Chair the panel discussion and Q&A
- High energy, positive, fun
- A broad interest in tech
- Outstanding communication skills
- Calm under pressure
- Great people skills
- Able to think on your feet
Start Date: January/February 2022
Working Hours: 5 hours per event plus rehearsals (all events are on Saturday & Sunday afternoons)
Rate of Pay: £15 per hour
Working Location: Remote
For advice on CVs, covering letters and making applications, please refer to the University’s Careers and Employability Service website.