Student Helpers for Recruitment Events
Canterbury Christ Church University requires students to support staff within The Student Recruitment Team on events such as Open and Offer Holder Days. We have approx. 6 large events during the academic year. You will be expected to work at least 2 of these events to continue with this role.
Open Days and Offer Holder take place regularly throughout the year. In addition, there will smaller ad-hoc opportunities throughout the duration of this role. These include smaller events, telephone work, event packing and tour guiding.
The next events we are recruiting for are:
Sunday 12th June Open Day (Diamond Jubilee Edition)
Summer tours (July- September)
- Recruitment event helpers are often the first point of contact for guests of the University and as such are responsible for providing fantastic first impressions and representing the university to a high standard.
- Helpers are also responsible for delivering outstanding customer service and providing information about the University from a student perspective. They are responsible for directing people around the University and answering queries prospective students may have.
- Different roles are allocated for events; your role can vary from: tour guides, sign posting around campus and town, working on welcome desks.
Other types of work:
Telephone Work: Providing excellent customer service and helping prospective student with any queries they may have.
Event Packing: Assisting the student recruitment team with packing materials to be sent out to event attendees
Tour Guides: To provide weekly tours of the University Campus and facilities for prospective students
- Willing to learn new skills
- Ability to work in a professional and mature manner
- An ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team and to get on well with colleagues and students from a wide variety of backgrounds
- Organised, punctual and reliable
- Approachable and friendly
- Ability to speak confidently to either groups of people or on a one to one level
- Able to undertake training associated with this role
- Be able to work at least 2 large events