Graduate Gap Assistant (Netball Specialist)
Unitemps are acting as an Employment Business, supplying temporary workers, in relation to this vacancy.
Epsom College is seeking to appoint a Graduate Assistant for the 2022/23 academic year. The Graduate Assistant will provide support across the complete range of Lower School academic and co-curricular activities, specific support for the Games Department, in particular netball, for both the Lower School and Senior School pupils, and ad hoc support for the Assistant Head: Total Curriculum.
During the mornings, the majority of the work will be based in the newly renovated, state-of-the-art Lower School building or in one of the other facilities in the College’s 85-acre site. In the afternoons, the Graduate Assistant would assist with sports coaching under the direction of the Director of Sport. In addition, the expectation is that the Graduate Assistant would also accompany pupils on offsite residential and non-residential trips and excursions, and provide support for school events in the evenings or at the weekend.
This post would be ideal for a graduate who is considering an eventual career in Education. The position will offer extensive experience of being an integral part of both the Lower School and Games Department
The post comes with a generous salary and benefits including accommodation.
For further details and application pack go to www.epsomcollege.org.uk.
CLOSING DATE: Monday 10th January 2022.
- Assist PE and Games staff with coaching and training, travelling to fixtures with the pupils as necessary during the week and on a Saturday;
- Provide support in PE lessons;
- Be a lead coach of a number of Netball teams and contribute to the Summer Games programme.
- Coach Monday-Thursday afternoons within the Games Programme;
- Assist with the running of after-school activities during the week, Monday - Friday and on a Saturday;
- Operate the Talented and Gifted Programme, organising termly meetings with the Sports Scholars to monitor progress and generate tracking reports for the Director of Sport.
Lower School/Whole School
- Assist with the children in class under the direction of the teacher, taking small groups for designated academic tasks or co-curricular activities as required;
- Assist in the supervision of pupils before, during and after school; for example, in the playground at break times and after lunch, at meal times in the dining hall, in the classrooms before and after school or in the school hall for events and assemblies;
- Undertake general duties around the school site and provide Lower School staff with administrative support as required;
- Assist with preparation of a purposeful and stimulating learning environment and with general duties in classrooms; for example, preparing equipment, clearing away apparatus, displaying work, as necessary;
- Be proactive in matters relating to health and safety, monitoring and dealing with such things as trip hazards by ensuring equipment is tidied away;
- Subject to appropriate training and certification, administer basic first aid to pupils wherever required during the working day, dealing with any basic accidents, reporting incidents and liaising with College’s Medical Centre when needed;
- Attend relevant in-service training and occasional staff meetings;
- Supervision of pupils who travel by coach to and from the pick
- Demonstrate an enjoyment of working with children;
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent;
- Played netball to a high level.
- Some experience of coaching netball, ideally to a range of ages and abilities;
- Demonstrate efficiency and a sense of humour, with a proven ability to remain calm and professional at all times;
- Provide evidence of flexibility, adaptability and a willingness to undertake a range of tasks and commitments, with proven administrative skills and a good IT literacy;
- Demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills, and be able to work either as part of a team or independently;
- Display an ability to use initiative and take responsibility;
- Behave and act as a member of staff when working with children and maintain an appropriate distance;
- Demonstrate good communication and listening skills and be able to build relationships with pupils and staff;
- Be flexible and adaptable;
- Level 2 coaching qualification in netball.
- Regional or National level netball player.
- Level C netball umpiring qualification.
- Skills, supported by demonstrable experience, in the supervision and care of children, either individually or in groups;
- Provide evidence of specialist knowledge in a relevant subject or sport (curriculum topic, co-curricular activity or special educational needs);
- Recognised First Aid or Life Saving Qualification.
Salary: competitive salary offered
Accommodation: Furnished, shared accommodation will be offered, free of rent and other bills. The Graduate Assistant may remain resident during the school half term holiday,
Hours: Full time, in line with the school timetable needs, Monday to Saturday during term time. In addition, there will be some evening work attending organised events, activities and matches along with a commitment to pre-season training and sports tours during school holidays.
Meals: All meals are available free of charge during term time.
Holidays: Other than an expectation to attend any pre-season training or sports tours that take place during school holidays the Graduate student would not be required to work during Epsom College school holidays.
Pension: The College operates the Epsom College Automatic Enrolment Scheme. The Scheme is administered by the Pensions Trust. Eligibility is based on statutory criteria. If eligible, the Employee will be required to contribute a minimum of 5% of Basic Salary and the College will contribute 4% in compliance with pension regulations.
Life Assurance: Free life assurance cover for active and contributing members of the College pension scheme.
Gym and Pool membership: Free use of school gym and swimming pool at various times during the week including weekends.
Offer of Post: The post will be offered subject to receipt of written references, pre placement medical assessment, appropriate qualifications, Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service all satisfactory to Epsom College, as well as confirmation that the successful candidate is able to work in the UK. If the successful candidate has lived overseas in the last five years he/she will be required to provide an overseas police check for the relevant country and period of time.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and as part of the selection process an enhanced Disclosure and barring check will be required. Epsom College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Candidates to complete an application form which can be downloaded via our website www.epsomcollege.org.uk.
Applicants can contact the Director of Sport, Michael.Johnson@epsomcollege.org.uk for an informal chat.
Applications will be assessed in order of receipt and interviews may occur at any stage after applications are received. We therefore invite interested candidates to apply as soon as possible.