Communications Officer - RISCS (£19.32 - £20.94ph)
- Coordinate the production of RISCS publications, including, providing advice to affiliated researchers, proofreading/editing, design, and in some cases, working with external designers.
- Ensure consistent usage of house style and branding on all RISCS content.
- Stakeholder management, including managing the Institute’s various contact/mailing lists.
- Manage the RISCS website, including updating current and adding new content, and general maintenance.
- Manage RISCS social media accounts, including Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Lead on the production of the RISCS Annual Report.
- Provide Communications advice and assistance to the RISCS Team and affiliated researchers, in particular the RISCS Fellows.
- Produce and disseminate RISCS Community updates.
- Coordinate the comms strategy as part of the Leadership of the Institute with our primary partners, including the NCSC and affiliated research institutes (PETRAS, SPRITE+, etc.).
- Lead on and manage the events calendar, incl. by scheduling, organising, promoting events in cooperation with the RISCS researchers – online or otherwise.
- Coordinate the RISCS Showcase (online flagship event in March), alongside the RISCS Institute Manager.
- Manage and develop relationships with Industry contacts working alongside the Deputy Director.
- Identify and build new partnerships with business contacts and lead on strategy alongside the Deputy Director
- Prior experience of developing web content including planning and designing webpages.
- Prior experience of using Content Management Systems (CMS).Prior experience producing content for social media platforms, incl. Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Prior experience using online platforms (Teams/Zoom) for running online events.
- Experience of events planning and coordination Some prior experience with graphic design.
- Experience writing for diverse audiences – including industry, policymakers academia, and for the public
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop and InDesign
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including comms including senior stakeholders
- Good knowledge of Office Enterprise tools, such as SharePoint and Teams.
- Some understanding of analytics in a web context – incl. website analytics (traffic), Google Analytics, social media analytics (reach, engagement).
- The ability to work independently with limited supervision, taking ownership of high-level objectives/targets and working towards them.
- The ability to work collaboratively as part of a small team.
- Prior experience of working in a Communications role within Higher Education, preferably within science/engineering-related units.
- Prior experience of managing relationships with industry partners, preferably with a focus on creating and identifying new business contacts
- Knowledge of other Adobe Creative Cloud tools, e.g. video editing (Premiere Pro)
- Knowledge of some of the following (or similar) live coworking/event tools: Miro, Padlet, Slido
- Knowledge of Wordpress CMS
This job will close for applications at 11.59pm on 12th December. Interviews will be held shortly after this, likely during early w/c 20th December.
Unitemps payroll is monthly, one month in arrears, please see the payroll dates here.