Unitemps are acting as an Employment Business, supplying temporary workers, in relation to this vacancy.
We are a disabled couple in our late 30s/early 40s, living near Nottingham City Centre who directly employ a team of PAs to assist us as required to live as independently as possible.
Part time PA required to assist us with personal care, domestic and social tasks - £11 per hour
- Assistance getting in and out of bed.
- Assistance getting dressed and undressed
- Providing assistance with toileting, dealing with bladder and bowel needs (including caring for a suprapubic catheter, and caring for a stoma), pad changes etc.
- Assistance with PEG feeding.
- Assistance with non-invasive ventilators.
- Assistance with washing and showering and filing toe and finger nails.
- Performing passive exercises to limbs.
- General grooming, make-up and personal appearance.
- Preparing and assisting with administering medicines.
- Preparing/cooking food and drinks for us and guests.
- House cleaning and helping to keep house hazard-free, washing up, laundry, cleaning and tidying work surfaces, appliances, shelves, etc.
- Keeping medicines, incontinence products, creams, ointments, etc. in an orderly, hygienic and secure manner and preparing these for use.
- Cleaning and simple maintenance work on technical aids such as our wheelchairs (e.g. pumping up tyres).
- Collecting prescriptions etc.
- Helping to care for house plants.
- Assistance with gardening tasks.
- Assistance with getting to and from, and in and out of transportation.
- Driving the van and performing basic maintenance (refuelling, checking tyre pressure etc.)
- Providing support outside the home e.g. with pushing a wheelchair, going to the toilet, etc.
- Accompanying to social events, meetings, appointments, gigs, the cinema, shopping trips, visits to libraries, etc.
- Putting rubbish out for collection, ensuring all waste is disposed of hygienically.
- Clearing snow or leaves from pathways, drives, etc. if necessary.
- Enabling us to carry out our chosen activity whether inside or outside the home by carrying out any other request that we may reasonably make.
- Full driving licence preferred.
- DBS check (formerly known as CRB check): Enhanced Disclosure required (cost met by employers).
- The position would suit a punctual, reliable and friendly person who understands the importance of independence.
- We are looking for someone proactive with a good memory who can enable us to get the most out of life, despite our very severe disabilities and complex assistance needs.
- Applicants who hold a valid driving licence and are willing to drive a van will be preferred.
- Experience in this field of work is preferred but not essential, but you need to be willing to be trained to perform invasive procedures, dressing changes, etc. Full training provided.
- Guaranteed hours and opportunities to work overtime.
- Ideal for undergrad/postgrad students or anyone else looking for a reliable part time income.
- 11.2 days annual leave per full holiday year, extra AL accrued if you work any additional hours (sickness cover etc.).
- TPR compliant pension scheme.
- Rotas agreed months in advance, allowing PAs to plan ahead.
- No agency, PAs are directly employed by the disabled persons.
- Join a small, friendly and supportive team and work with reliable employers who have many years’ experience working with and training PAs.
- Location near the City Centre with free on-site parking and excellent public transport links.
- Permanent contract
- £11 per hour
- 20 hours per week, 10 hours per working day.
- Working weeks will alternate between 2 weekdays and every other weekend,
- e.g. Week 1: Thu 9am-7pm & Fri 9am-7pm – Week 2: Sat 9am-7pm & Sun 9am-7pm.