Online tests coordinator
This is an important role within the Teaching and Learning Enhancement team at WBS. The role will require the candidate to create online tests for students at both UG and PG level using the software Questionmark Perception.
The candidate will be creating tests based upon questions submitted by module leaders and converting this into the Perception software following manipulation in Excel.
The candidate will need degree level mathematics to be able to understand and interpret the questions and create the tests accurately. Training will be given in Questionmark Perception.
The creation of tests are typically carried out around the start of each term and so the hours required will be ad-hoc, based upon this work flow. There is no fixed shift pattern, instead candidates would be required to work at certain times of the year.
- Use Excel templates to set up the test questions
- Import the test questions in Questionmark Perception
- Check the accuracy and rigour of the tests prior to release
- Troubleshoot problems and refer as necessary
- Degree in a numerical subject
- Demonstrable eye for detail/accuracy
- Experience of using HTML
- Confident in using Excel to an advanced level
- Good level of English (GCSE A*-C or equivalent)
- Comfortable completing repetitive tasks
- Good computer skills
- Ability to handle large amounts of information
- Ability to use own initiative to solve problems and to work independently
- Good communication skills
- Qualification in finance, accounting and/or statistics
Estimated weeks required:
- Term 1 (week 4-9) 25th October – 3rd December 2021
- Term 2 (week 6-9) 14th February – 11th March 2022
Advert Closure: 28/09/21
Ensure to include a covering letter with your application