Careers and Employability Service Receptionist
Unitemps are acting as an Employment Business, supplying temporary workers, in relation to this vacancy.
The purpose of the role is to provide administrative support to staff/students/visitors of the Careers and Employability Service. Providing a high quality, friendly, organised and professional front of house service, fulfilling all reception duties as required. Acting as a first point of contact for all enquiries and contributing to the effective operation of the services provided by the Service. This post will run until 17th December 2021 and is for 4 days per week. Current UoN students are not eligible to apply due to the nature of the role.
CLOSING DATE: Wednesday 22nd September 2021.
Please note that the role may close early to applications – apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
- To be part of the Careers and Employability Service front line team, offering a professional and friendly welcome to clients and visitors; being the initial point of enquiry in person or via the telephone at our reception desk.
- Greeting customers on arrival, providing information relevant to their activity and directing them to appropriate services and colleagues.
- Operation of the computerised booking system, to support service users, customers and ensure effective engagement with the Careers and Employability Service
- Liaising with colleagues to ensure professional and efficient support for all service users
- Receiving, sorting, and distributing mail
- Providing administrative support to colleagues in the Careers and Employability Service as required during peak times of activity.
- Excellent skills developed through working in a client facing reception role
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good team working skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to use and retrieve information from client databases. Positive and proactive approach
- Creativity in terms of ideas and problem solving
- Ability to organise own workload and to work independently when required
- Meticulous attention to detail
£9.93 + £1.20 holiday pay
Please apply via the website with a CV and cover letter by Wednesday 22nd September 2021.
For advice on CVs, covering letters and making applications, please refer to the University’s Careers and Employability Service website.