Market Research and Insight Assistant
Are you a forward thinking and ambitious analytical thinker, looking for a new challenge? We’re looking for a switched on and insight-driven individual to support market and customer insight for a range of businesses and services at the University.
This is vital and hands-on role where you’d be working alongside our market research officers, creating and delivering market research that provides actionable marketing insight.
This role will support the Market Research and Insight team and Market Research and Insight Officer in developing, co-ordinating and undertaking market research and analysis that informs and underpins the activities of the University, including businesses within the Campus and Commercial Group, student recruitment activities, student communications and strategic projects. You would be working closely with the Campus and Commercial Group Marketing Agency team; a small, passionate team of marketers, helping them turn insight into business decisions.
- Supporting individual businesses of CCSG in developing, executing and evaluating market research activities
- Systematically analysing various sources of customer insight and feedback (e.g. Net Promoter Score from survey kiosks) and providing recommendations to the businesses to improve their products and services
- Cleaning, coding and analysing quantitative and qualitative data, summarising the meaning behind the data
- Helping to coordinating planning of insight across the office, to reduce duplication and ‘survey fatigue’- delivering the team’s qualitative research scheduling and building engagement with panel members
- Undertaking desk research to help CCSG businesses, and the University, to better understand their customers, students, potential students and business reputation on an ongoing basis, maintaining a regular audit of competitor activity
- Undertaking and commissioning research and analysis as directed by Market Research and Insight Officer, using both primary and secondary market research to do this. This may require developing surveys, mystery shopping and focus group report writing.
- Support the Market Research and Insight Officer in developing, managing and communicating an annual research plan as well as a dashboard and toolkit for use by colleagues to inform their planning and activity.
- Degree or relevant experience in this field
- Experience of using both quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Knowledge and experience of market research methodologies and relative strengths and weaknesses depending on objectives.
- Analytical and numerate with a good grasp of data analysis, and excellent excel skills.
- Knowledge of the principles of marketing.
- A good problem solver with the ability to identify gaps in knowledge and identify how those gaps can be filled through the generation of market research and/or customer/stakeholder insight.
- A good level of written and oral communication skills.
- Good inter-personal skills and an ability to work constructively and effectively with staff of all levels.