Recruitment Event Helpers
Canterbury Christ Church University requires students to support staff within The Student Recruitment Team on events such as Open and Offer Holder Days. We have approx. 6 large events during the academic year. You will be expected to work at least 3 of these events to continue with this role.
Open Days and Offer Holder take place regularly throughout the year. In addition, there will smaller ad-hoc opportunities throughout the duration of this role. These include smaller events, telephone work, event packing and tour guiding.
- Recruitment event helpers are often the first point of contact for guests of the University and as such are responsible for providing fantastic first impressions and representing the university to a high standard.
- Helpers are also responsible for delivering outstanding customer service and providing information about the University from a student perspective. They are responsible for directing people around the University and answering queries prospective students may have.
- Different roles are allocated for events; your role can vary from: tour guides, sign posting around campus and town, working on welcome desks.
Other types of work:
Telephone Work: Providing excellent customer service and helping prospective student with any queries they may haveEvent Packing: Assisting the student recruitment team with packing materials to be sent out to event attendeesTour Guides: To provide weekly tours of the University Campus and facilities for prospective students
- Willing to learn new skills
- Ability to work in a professional and mature manner
- An ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team and to get on well with colleagues and students from a wide variety of backgrounds
- Organised, punctual and reliable
- Approachable and friendly
- Ability to speak confidently to either groups of people or on a one to one level
- Able to undertake training associated with this role
- Be able to work at least 3 large events
Upcoming dates: 20 November all day – please do not apply for this role if you are unable to work these dates.
Interviews and Training will take place in the weeks leading up to the event - dates TBC.