Student Communications Ambassador 22/23
You’ll need confidence in front of and behind the camera and ooze our core values and most importantly show us how you are #proudtobeStaffs. The types of digital content we require you to capture, and produce include, but are not limited to:
- Proactive content that documents the social and academic sides of university life
- Leisure content that helps to raise the reputation of Staffordshire as a cultural destination
- Events happening on campus and off campus – including open days and graduation ceremonies
- Supporting our diverse and inclusive communities by sharing your own experiences and promoting allyship
- Top tips, advice, and guidance through a variety of content - social media takeovers, podcasting, vlog content
- Community channel thread-starters, engagement, and support
- Presenting and hosting online and in-person events and video content
- Short-form video content for channels such as TikTok and Instagram reels
- Marketing and Communications administrational tasks
- Attending necessary training sessions to expand your skills to benefit the role and content production
You’ll work to collaboratively produce a monthly content plan that is structured from your own experiences, interests, courses, and skill set, but we actively encourage our Student Communications Ambassadors to be pro-active and innovative with ideas and confidently put these forwards. Your content will be published on our website, YouTube and social media channels with exceptional content featuring in our paid advertising campaigns.
We are looking for a variety of Student Communications Ambassadors from every School in the University with a wide range of interests, priorities, and ideas.
Location Staffordshire University - remote or roaming on campus
You’ll be working remotely, keeping in touch with the team via email communications and Microsoft Teams. An extra requirement for the role is to attend monthly meetings with your fellow Student Communications Ambassadors and the Marketing, Recruitment and Communications team.
You will also be reviewed quarterly – an opportunity for you to gain feedback from us to improve your work. All Student Communications Ambassadors must have access to a mobile phone with internet connection, have required social media apps downloaded, as well as the facility to record videos on their mobile phone.
To apply for this role:
Grab your camera and hit record! You will need to create both pieces of content below:
- Create a 60 second video to introduce yourself. This is your time to shine! Tell us about your interests, what you do and how you hope to use this opportunity to share your student journey. You’ve only got 60 seconds to convince us – so keep it creative and engaging, and feel free to show off your editing skills.
- A TikTok video. This should be on the who, what, where, when and why of Staffordshire University. This is to showcase your journey so far at Staffordshire University, your motivations, or perhaps information that will attract prospective students, or emotive content that will connect with current students. If you haven't started yet - what you're looking forward to the most, why you chose staffs and how you're preparing to start University. We are looking for your understanding of the social media platform, content creation, in-app editing, and the appropriate nature of your content for TikTok.
Submit your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header ‘Application: Student Communications Ambassador’
Should you be successful in your application, you will be invited to a workshop interview where you will be asked to take part in tasks to assess your teamwork, digital and presentation skills. If you are appointed to the role there is mandatory training that will need to be completed.
To apply for this role, you will be required to submit a video and a piece of short-form video content. Please visit the following link to find out more and apply: https://blogs.staffs.ac.uk/student-blogs/apply