Unitemps are acting as an Employment Business, supplying temporary workers, in relation to this vacancy.
‘As a Brand Ambassador you will use your expertise and networks at your university to spread the word about our graduate scheme. We hire prison officers to make prisons more rehabilitative, so you will be passionate about reducing the reoffending rate in prisons.
You will have great connections with student societies, a great social media presence and the determination to communicate with students.
This incredibly exciting role is perfect for those of you who want autonomy in your work, that you can do from your university part-time, and you can tailor it to your own interests. Are you interested in writing? Write an article about Unlocked. Are you interested in advertising? Design the best posters. This role is about bringing the best out of you and giving you the opportunity to develop your skills in a professional setting.
Unlocked Graduates is an award-winning charity which exists to break cycles of reoffending by developing outstanding individuals to lead rehabilitation in prisons and throughout society.
At the core of our mission is a leadership development programme that brings top graduates into prisons to work as frontline prison officers for two years. This programme includes mentoring, work placements in partner organisations and a fully funded master’s degree. All of which they take part in while taking on the full duties of a frontline prison officer.
CLOSING DATE: 31st of July
Please note that the role may close early to applications – apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
- Work independently to promote the Unlocked Graduates brand across your university using creative marketing techniques and social media
- Support your Recruitment Officer at careers fairs, presentations, and other recruitment events, where you will speak positively and persuasively about Unlocked
- Utilise your own networks within the university community to promote our opportunities and reaching out to societies focussed on Diversity and Inclusion.
- Networking with a range of stakeholders across campus (academic department, societies, and voluntary organisations) to raise the profile of Unlocked Graduates.
- Drive attendance to Unlocked Graduates events
- Create your own engaging events which aim to raise brand awareness and inform students of the opportunities we offer
- Use social media creatively, to promote upcoming competitions, deadlines, and events
- As a Brand Ambassador we will fast track your application to the Unlocked Graduates Leadership Development Scheme
You will need to demonstrate that you have the following attributes that we look for in our Brand Ambassadors:
- Motivation – You will be passionate about Unlocked Graduates, show clear drive to want to promote the programme and to transform the way we think about prisons and prisoners.
- Initiative – You will need to work independently and be driven on new ideas, running events, and managing your own time effectively.
- Relationship building – It is vital you can quickly build relationships with new and existing stakeholders such as societies, careers advisors and academics.
- Resilience – Ideas may not always go according to plan so you need to be able to deal with last-minute changes and the possibility that things may not work out successfully every time. You will need to be adaptable and solutions-focused and maintain a positive attitude.
- Communication – You will be forthcoming in talking to new people with an ability to influence and persuade others. You should be a confident communicator, speaking positively about Unlocked Graduates.
- Social Media – You will need to be enthusiastic about social media and be competent using Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook to promote out opportunities and events.
- Planning and organising – You need to be able to effectively plan and organise you time to ensure you can balance your studies and your role as a Brand Ambassador
£9.50 per hour
Available at Nottingham, Liverpool, Oxford and De Montfort University
Please use this link to access the application form: https://unlockedgrads.org.uk/vacancy/unlocked-brand-ambassador/
The application deadline is the 31st July but we advise that you apply ASAP as we are hiring on a rolling basis.
For advice on CVs, covering letters and making applications, please refer to the University’s Careers and Employability Service website.