Accommodation Support Assistant (Stafford Court)
20 hours per week, 5 days per week, 6pm-10pm Tuesday to Saturday.
Staffordshire University's Residential Services team are recruiting for an Accommodation Support Assistant to be responsible for the provision of a warm, welcoming and professional support service to the residence life office, effectively acting as the first point of contact for the Residence Life team.
The ideal candidate will proactively respond to direct enquiries and manage all correspondence, including mail, electronic communications and telephone enquiries.
- Assist in the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluating of the annual events program that is immersive, engaging and appropriate to the student’s needs and wants. Be prepared to work flexibly to support the events programme recognising that most activities take place during the evenings and at weekends.
- Assist in the planning and organising the intake weekend and activities associated with welcome week for new and returning students. Ensure that robust plans and communications are in place that deliver a positive, welcoming and exciting experience to Students as they arrive and settle into to the University Managed accommodation
- Take responsibility for responding promptly to a range of pastoral support requests and varied situations, using personal judgement, guided by agreed procedures to make decisions on the appropriate action to be taken.
- Support effective partnership working with internal and external departments and agencies such as the Students Union, Police liaison officers, on campus GP and Surgery, Local Community NHS practitioners, Drugs Dogs teams, Student Guidance officers and Student Office. Ensuring effective communication and signposting which enhances the delivering of a range of services and access to wider networks to all Residential students in university managed accommodation
- Support the wider team in providing exemplary levels of pastoral care to residential students. Role model how to effectively deal with and manage situations of disagreement and conflict in the student accommodation and effectively promote the speedy resolution of incidents and issues by taking account of students’ needs, values and behaviours
- Record and log incidents and issues raised ensuring at all times effective communications takes place between the wider Residence Life team and incidents are escalated to the appropriate level
- Maintain and manage the online groups of all new students by Halls to facilitate communication with all students in residential accommodation
- Undertake room inspections as per the schedule and identify areas of concern, organising meetings with the student and gaining agreement to improve standards
- To be the aware of and ensure compliance with appropriate University policies including data protection, confidentiality, freedom of information and Security
- To undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required by the Accommodation Assistant and/or Residential Services Coordinator.
This role would suit an organised individual with a background in customer support.
Staffordshire University, Stafford Court, New Beacon Group, ST18 0BF