Project Assistant- Electronics Development Engineering
University of Warwick
36.5 hours per week, Monday-Friday
This role is part of the WMG Internship Programme.
Supporting Turtle Engineering working with the WMG SME support electronics development team; to create a control system capable of managing the available renewable energy sources and the battery powered heater system to maintain the required temperature within a remote defibrillator cabinet.
- Understand the performance requirements necessary within the defibrillator cabinet
- environment in worst case external weather conditions.
- Identify a suitable battery capable of providing the necessary power over a predetermined time duration.
- Outline and detail the power discharge needs to maintain the stipulated internal environmental conditions within the confines of the storage cabinet.
- Identify and implement a suitable control system (Arduino, RPi, Pico etc) to maintain internal cabinet temperature using the internal heating matt and the battery as a power source. Research remote sensing/telemetry solutions (LoRa / LoraWAN, SMS etc).
- From required power data, design a management system to control battery charging rates from multiple renewable energy sources.
- Undertake whatever development and manufacturing required for prototype circuitry required for the project.
- Educated or studying towards a degree in in Electronic Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or similar.
- Experience in analog and digital electronics design, embedded micro-controllers, power electronics, battery charging or system management. LoRa/LoraWAN etc.
- Demonstrable software coding experience in C or Python for Arduino and RPi environment.
- Experience of schematic capture using Eagle/Fusion360 or circuit simulation.
- Experience in prototyping and debugging hardware and software would be advantageous
- Good time management and communication skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritise multiple tasks
- Good verbal and written communication, time management and organisational skills
IIPSI building WMG campus and Turtle engineering premises at Elms House, 9 Middle St, Kilsby, Rugby CV23 8XT.
Advert end date: Sunday 16 May 2021.
Interview date: TBC
Start date: TBC.
End date: 8 weeks from start date.