LinkedIn Learning Ambassador Intern
As a student at The University of Edinburgh, the intern will be in a great position to suggest how to best reach student audiences. The Digital Skills and Training Team would like the LinkedIn Learning Intern to help them promote LinkedIn Learning as a convenient, flexible and effective way of learning new skills. This internship provides an excellent opportunity for someone to use their imagination, and the intern will be strongly encouraged to harness their creativity when planning and delivering promotional materials and events.
Throughout the summer, the student will raise awareness and assist with the promotion of LinkedIn Learning across the University through a variety of methods including marketing, events and focus groups, as well as the creation of student-focused LinkedIn Learning learning paths (video collections).
The remuneration for this role is UE03 £9.87 per hour, plus £1.59 per hour holiday pay. The internships are anticipated to start on 31st May 2021 and will run for 12 weeks. The student can expect to work 35hrs per week for the duration of their internship. The intern will also be eligible to participate in the Edinburgh Award, enabling them to gain formal recognition for their commitment to getting work experience while studying.
We anticipate that this internship will be based entirely online (remote working from home), however, if a return to the office is expected, then this may move to the central University campus.
The LinkedIn Learning Ambassador Intern can expect to:
• Identify opportunities to maximise student engagement with LinkedIn Learning
• Work with Schools and Departments to encourage the adoption and use of LinkedIn Learning by students
• Create a network of LinkedIn Learning Champions
• Arrange student focused events and workshops to promote LinkedIn Learning
• Co-ordinate and run focus groups to find out what students value about online skills development platforms, such as LinkedIn Learning, and how the team could improve the service
• Assist with recording interviews and audio clips with staff and student users of LinkedIn Learning for use as case studies
• Assist in the creation of a range of digital marketing materials for students to encourage the use of LinkedIn Learning
• Use social media to effectively promote LinkedIn Learning
• Assist with the development of student focused learning paths (collections of videos) in LinkedIn Learning
We strongly encourage UoE students who meet the below criteria to apply:
• A current University of Edinburgh undergraduate student
• Currently residing in the UK, and continuing to be located in the UK for the duration of the internship (due to complex tax and legal issues associated with employing staff overseas, we cannot accommodate any student working abroad while participating in this internship)
• Demonstrable enthusiasm for digital skills development
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability and confidence to network amongst students and staff
• A creative approach to devising engaging, customer-focused digital promotional materials and events
• A good standard of IT literacy
• Prior experience of using LinkedIn Learning
• Previous experience in a similar role including any delivery of training, delivering presentations, marketing, promotion or event organisation
• Experience of planning and coordinating activities and workload
PLEASE NOTE this advert may close early if sufficient applications are received prior to the closing date (25th April)