Software Development Placement with Crawford
Student Placement: Software Analyst/Developer
Are you passionate about technology and using the latest tools to develop software? Do you enjoy taking ownership and sharing ideas with your peers about emerging trends and technologies? If so, join us at Crawford and Company in the heart of Birmingham as we create the next generation of our business-critical systems.
We are a Global company making big investments for the future; creating new applications and system integrations that will be used Globally. You will be working in the Crawford Claims Services development team whose clients include many major household names. We’re looking for enthusiastic Industrial Placement Undergraduate software developers with a passion for software development, a “can do” attitude and a desire to learn new things and apply them to create streamlined systems and processes. Within this role you will be developing and maintaining business software.
This is a hands-on role assisting in the development of our core systems, so you must have strong development skills and a passion for creating great software. If you’re the sort of person who creates hobby projects, attends hackathons and enjoys collaborating with others, we want you to join our team and help shape the future of how we design, develop and deliver software. In return, we can offer you experience using the latest technologies (Angular & .net Core) and exposure to working in a fully agile environment utilising DevOps, VSTS, Azure, CI/CD, automated testing and much more. This is a role that can lead to a permanent job after graduation and excellent career development opportunities in the future.
Interested? If so, please apply now. When you attach a copy of your CV detail your interests, motivations and any extra-curricular software development projects you’re worked on.
- To develop new systems and maintain existing ones in a Microsoft environment, working to given specifications.
- To liaise, collaborate and work with other developers, systems analysts or business users and Ops to contribute to the design and analysis of specifications in any or all of the following: databases, middleware components, webpages or GUIs.
- To analyse and diagnose issues/bugs in existing systems.
- To perform unit testing.
- To evaluate existing applications and identify areas for improvement.
- To work with testers to ensure new functionality is working to specification.
- To write and maintain technical documentation.
- To provide estimates and updates to the management team.
- Must be studying a Computer Science related course
- Understanding of software design and principles
- Ability to investigate, to think logically and reason out problems
- Ability and inclination to learn new skills as required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills both technical and non-technical
- High levels of numeracy, literacy and patience
- Experience/Interest in software development, with good understanding of C#- A passion for creating great software-
- Strong communication and collaborative working skills- E
- Excellent attention to detail
- Within the application process you will have to complete an online screening test that includes a practical coding exercise
- This is a remote role with occasional travel to Birmingham.