Digital Media Assistant Intern
The University of Edinburgh’s Information Services Group (ISG) are now recruiting for an exciting internship opportunity for an undergraduate student to join them over the summer as a Digital Media Assistant Intern. The successful intern will work within ISG’s Website and Communications team for a 12-week period. The team is a digital and design service delivering first-class, innovative consultancy, solutions and support for University businesses to deliver a great user experience. The team are working on a number of exciting projects, including a new University design system and new web publishing platform.
This internship would suit a student who can bring a creative mind-set to the role and who is willing to share their ideas and perspective. It is a fantastic opportunity for the intern to gain experience creating media resources that will have a far-reaching impact, and to promote the high-profile work the Website and Communications team are engaged in. The team are looking for an individual who is able to work using their own initiative, but also know when to take the opportunities available to learn from the skill and experience in the team around them.
The salary for this internship is UoE03 £9.87 per hour, plus £1.59 per hour holiday pay. The successful student will start on 31st May 2021 for a 12-week period, working 35hrs per week for the duration. The intern will also be eligible to take part in the Edinburgh Award, enabling them to receive formal recognition for their commitment to gaining work experience during their studies.
We anticipate that this internship will be based entirely online (remote working from home), however, if at any point a return to the office is expected, then this could move to the central University campus.
• Design and deliver a set of materials for the Website and Communications team to help them promote their new services, projects, processes and key messages.
• Use their creative flair to develop new and innovative ideas to design digital products, and subsequently put these ideas into action.
• Research ideas and create original concepts to help the team promote their services.
• Create material (such as video or graphics) to succinctly explain complex ideas or processes.
• Use feedback and direction from professionals within the team to refine and improve initial ideas.
• A current University of Edinburgh undergraduate student
• Currently residing in the UK, and continuing to be located in the UK for the duration of the internship (due to complex tax and legal issues associated with employing staff overseas, we cannot accommodate any student working abroad while participating in this internship)
• A demonstrable desire to work with video, digital design or photography
• A proven ability to work on your own initiative, and willingness to pitch your ideas
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to engage with a range of stakeholders
• Some creative skills (i.e. video or digital media creation)
• A proactive approach to work and a willingness to learn from others
• Experience in receiving constructive feedback and working iteratively towards a shared vision of what a final product will be
• Previous experience managing small creative projects
• Previous experience of using social media to promote events, products or services
Other benefits interns are entitled to include:Access to apply for internal job vacancies at the University of Edinburgh.For regular users of display screen equipment, a VDU eye test is available at one of the university's chosen optometrists.Access to University of Edinburgh library.Access to subsidised gym membership.
PLEASE NOTE this advert may close early if sufficient applications are received prior to the closing date (21st April)