Web Development Intern
The Web Development Intern can expect to:
• Collaborate with other professionals within the Web Development team to undertake, manage and deliver web-based development projects
• Use their background and experience in back-end web development technologies to contribute valuable work towards solving real-world problems for the University community.
• Participate in back and forth feedback, testing, and code reviews with colleagues within the Web Development Team, and wider Website and Communications Team.
• Participate in (and potentially contribute or present to) University professional groups to provide development updates.
• Partake in prioritisation and allocation of tasks to technical support teams, both independently and with guidance from the team manager.
• Critically review and make suggestions for improvements to existing systems, processes and procedures.
• Research and recommend technical solutions to specific requirements.
Students who meet the below criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
• A current University of Edinburgh undergraduate student.
• Currently residing in the UK, and continuing to be located in the UK for the duration of the internship (due to complex tax and legal issues associated with employing staff overseas, we cannot accommodate any student working abroad while participating in this internship).
• The ability to work independently on smaller projects, contributing to high profile work.
• The ability to self-manage and plan workloads to deadlines.
• Proven ability to identify areas for improvements to processes and systems, and developing solutions.
• An awareness of website interface design, user experience and best practices including security and accessibility (standards and legislation applicable to web publishing e.g. Equality Act 2010; Data Protection).
• A basic level of awareness of web content management systems such as Drupal and / or WordPress, or other related technologies.
Please apply via the Unitemps link, uploading a CV and cover letter which clearly states how you have the appropriate skills and experience to be considered for the role.
PLEASE NOTE this advert may close early if sufficient applications are received prior to the closing date (21st April)