The University is currently going through an exciting period of change including the implementation of a new HR System. To help support this period of change, there is an exciting opportunity to join the HR Shared Services Administration team on a temporary basis for up to 6 months.
The team provide a central HR administrative support service to the University’s departments, in a fast paced administrative environment where providing excellent service to our departments is key.
As a HR Administrator you will oversee the whole administrative life cycle of an employee. This includes advertising vacancies, producing offer letters, processing amendments to contracts and leavers. The role will also expose you to a wide range of HR issues as we are the main point of contact for our Departments when they have a query.It is key that the data held in the HR Systems is correct and there will be a need to help support in reviewing and correcting this data if required.
You will need excellent administrative and customer service skills with the ability to communicate at all levels. Attention to detail and tact are vital attributes within this administrative and confidential environment. A knowledge of Microsoft IT packages including Word and Excel is essential as is an ability to use databases.
You will be working remotely while the current restrictions are in place, then you would be expected to work from campus. Equipment will be provided.
To produce timely and accurate range of letters, ensuring that letters reflect the appropriate terms and conditions and comply with University policies and legislative requirements for new starters, part time teacher/lecturers, occasional workers and any contractual changes.
To act as first point of contact for telephone, email or face to face enquiries from both internal and external customers on any HR transactional issues and general queries, such as recruitment, referencing, holiday entitlement and immigration, especially relating to Tier 2 and Certificates of Sponsorship.
To advise on recruitment queries and checking/approving all advert requests and placing them on external or internal pages. To work with Jobs.ac.uk to ensure adverts are placed for the required amount of time to allow us to provide a Certificate of Sponsorship for a new employee, if required.
To accurately create and/or amend and maintain the computerised Human Resources database records for all employees, ensuring we meet procedural and legislative requirements, such as HESA returns.
To undertake any other duties and responsibilities as required
- Experience of working in a busy administrative environment
- Experience of administering processes and establishing and maintaining records/databases
- Good written communication skills including drafting correspondence
- Excellent customer service skills and a positive attitude towards delivering a customer-focused service
- Tact and discretion and an ability to work in a confidential environment
- Excellent organisational skills, including planning and prioritising to meet deadlines
- Excellent IT skills exemplified by the use of Microsoft Office, especially word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative