Multi Skilled Labourer
Carry out the data collation and asset tagging and recording of all Thermostatic Mixing Valves and Thermostatic Showers in the accommodation Blocks to generate a PPM schedule. Assist with statutory compliance relating to water hygiene PPM’s including weekly flushing of infrequently used outlets and the recording of the data.
Overall scope of the role over and above the initial priorities include:
- Assisting qualified craftsmen in the provision of routine and reactive electrical and mechanical maintenance on a variety of systems as generated by the computerised docket system and directly from University staff.
- To provide a planned maintenance service ensuring compliance with statutory testing and inspections including;
- Water Hygiene statutory inspections
- DHW & LPW Systems inc cleaning strainers, glass traps, and pump operations
- To respond to individual job requests via the notification system, within academic and commercial buildings across campus, responding to radio requests and emergency situations as and when they arise.
- Undertake basic fault finding and suggesting repair solutions to M and E operatives considering logistics of the jobs to be undertaken, taking into account how long it will take, the equipment needed and the potential cost
- Collect and dispose of used or old equipment, and clearing plant room areas all in accordance with Health and Safety/Environmental regulations.
- Comply with all health and safety regulations and University policies