IT Engineer – 1st/2nd Line support
Temp - Perm
Full time Monday to Friday
Our client is one of the UK's largest manufacturers and suppliers of PVC windows, doors and fascia systems. They are looking to recruit two IT Engineer – 1st/2nd Line support at their site in Tamworth, a great opportunity for a graduate or someone with relevant work experience in a IT help desk role.
Working closely with the IT Development manager and the rest of the team, your role will involve:
- Effectively maintaining a complex, high-demand IT infrastructure and all the peripheral devices connected to it ensuring high availability and quality service.
- To make recommendations for major infrastructure projects, and work collaboratively with others throughout the project process
- Ensuring that all works are carried out with careful planning, documenting all the steps committed, from day-to-day operations via a ticketing system.
- Some occasional travel to other (local) sites required.
- Active Directory – User account creation, troubleshooting.
- Good understanding of File Shares, folder redirection and user accounts
- A graduate with an IT related degree or relevant work experience
- Experience of IT support preferably in a SME environment
- Able to produce documentation of all activities
- Auditing and inventorying all IT assets, producing a snap-count of devices on demand
- Good communication skills, speaking with and supporting personnel at varying degrees of knowledge at all levels within the company
- The ability to identify areas for improvement and subsequently producing proposal documentation to support changes/upgrades
- Some moving of computers and related equipment will be required
- The willingness to occasionally work around business hours for major works to ensure business continuity
- Providing desktop support using a ticket based system (Spiceworks). Support to be provided both deskside and remotely.
- Windows 10 Administration and Support. New builds and decommissioning old builds
- Experience of working with computer peripherals e.g. printers, Mitel phones, scanners etc. Setting up computers and computer related equipment.
- Supporting Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Outlook etc
- Good documentation skills
- Mobile phone support
- Microsoft Server 2012, 2016 – A basic understanding of key server subsystems and roles.
- AntiVirus – Experience of Centralized AV Enterprise consoles. Ensuring all company workstations and laptops are up to date and patched. Being proactive with potential security issues and having a well-rehearsed procedure mitigating security issues
- DHCP, DNS – experience of troubleshooting DHCP/DNS issues. A knowledge of DNS Host records and types. Good understanding of IP Subnetting
- Switches &ndash